October 30, 2012

Pride and Prejudice / Orgulho e Preconceito



“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in
possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice


Happy Halloween! I'm so excited about sharing my Halloween costume with you guys, because this is probably the best one I have ever had! I know it's not obvious who I am because I'm wearing a period dress, but in case you are wondering, I'm going for Elizabeth Bennet, the heroine of Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen's masterpiece and one of my favorite books ever. So I got a pattern for a Regency Era (roughly between 1790-1830, pretty much the time of Jane Austen) dress, and some fabric, and created this dress! 

The credit for the dress goes all to me, but the wonderful bonnet was a creation of my friend Jen Jenkins, who's a very talented seamstress, and apparently hat maker too! So, in the photo below, just the jacket is something I already owned, which I got about two years ago at Nordstrom Rack. But enough talk, and enjoy the photos! 


Inspiration: Elizabeth Bennet from BBC's Pride and Prejudice. 










Feliz Dia das Bruxas! Estou super empolgada para mostrar a minha fantasia para vocês, porque essa é a melhor fantasia que eu já tive! Eu sei que não é óbvio quem eu sou pelas fotos, porque é um vestido de época, mas caso vocês estejam tentando adivinhar, a minha fantasia é de Elizabeth Bennet, a personagem principal de Orgulho e Preconceito, o livro mais famoso da Jane Austen. Eu peguei um molde inspirado na época da Regência Inglesa (entre 1790 e 1830, mais ou menos a mesma época da Jane Austen) e costurei esse vestido!

O crédito para o vestido é todo meu, mas o lindo chapéu é uma criação da minha amiga Jen Jenkins, que além de ser uma super talentosa costureira, ela também faz chapéus! Só o casaco que eu não fiz, é um dos meus preferidos que eu comprei na Nordstrom dois anos atrás. 

Feliz Dia das Bruxas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!