May 3, 2012

Making Tim Gunn Proud! / Deixando o Tim Gunn orgulhoso


Nota: este post é bilíngue, a tradução para o português está no final do post, em itálico.


Images: Polyvore

Black Dress [√] | Trench Coat [Kind of √] | Classic Dress Pants [√] | Classic White Shirt [√] | Skirt [√] 
Blazer [√] | Day Dress [√] | Cashmere Sweater [√] | Jeans [√] | Alternative for Sweatsuit [√] 

Yes, when it comes to wardrobe basics I am covered, Tim Gunn would be SO proud of me. The 10 items he says are essentials to a Woman's wardrobe? I got them all. Some of them more than one. And mostly made from quality fabrics and bought at good stores, much longer before this challenge started.

Here's the thing, I'm a basic girl by nature. I would define my style as a basic-cute-black, because this seems to be what I go for, most of the time. I don't take a lot of risks, and I stick with clothes that are classic and I know the cut will flatter me. If I go crazy, it is with accessories and shoes.

So for today's post, instead of posting my look of the day, I went ahead and mixed and matched my 9 basic items (why bother with my work out clothes?) to show you how far you can go with only a few basic pieces. Most of those outfits would be perfect for job interviews or a to wear to a more formal workplace.

Oh, and disregard the crazy hair. It was one of my attempts at curling it, but it curled on one side and not on the other.

 Day Dress: Ann Taylor (gift from a friend) | Blazer: Forever 21 | Heels: Nine West (they were $9 on clearance)

Black Dress: Loft (I prefer formal dresses that have sleeves) | Coat: Ben Sherman ($12 on clearance)

Classic Dress Pants: Express | Classic White Shirt: Express | Blazer: Forever 21 (I changed the buttons to gold ones)

Skirt: Express | Classic White Shirt: Express | Sweater: Ben Sherman (another great deal, $15) | Blazer: Forever 21 

Jeans: Forever 21 | Classic White Shirt: Epress | Sweater: Ben Sherman | Coat: Ben Sherman
Since this look was more casual, I opened up the buttons of the white shirt and added a top underneath


I really enjoyed putting together all those outfits. I loved how good I looked in them, and how well dressed and prepared for anything. It's funny because that's pretty much how I dress every day. I'm a big fan of shirts and sweaters. But I do need to buy a new Blazer in 2013, mine is okay, but way too big for me.

And since mother's day is almost here, here's my mom also making Tim Gunn proud, with jeans, white shirt, and trench coat [kind of]! A classic combo no matter what decade.


[PT]
Quando o assunto é roupa básica, eu estou tranquila. O Tim Gunn ficaria orgulhoso de mim. Os 10 items que ele diz que toda mulher tem que ter no armário? Eu tenho todos. E alguns, eu tenho mais de um no armário. E a maioria deles são de materiais de boa qualidade, e de boas lojas, e todos comprados muito antes do Occupy começar. 

Mas a verdade é que meu estilo é bem clássico mesmo. A maior parte do tempo eu escolho roupas básicas e em tons neutros (leia-se, preto). Eu não me arrisco muito, e prefiro comprar roupas mais clássicas. Eu costumo comprar acessórios mais modernos e diferentes e coloridos. 

Então para o post de hoje, ao invés de fazer um look do dia, eu peguei todos os meus 9 items essenciais (o décimo item era roupa de ginástica) e fiz alguns looks diferentes com eles para mostrar o que você pode fazer com essas poucas peças. A maioria desses looks seriam ótimas para ir trabalhar ou para uma entrevista de emprego. 

Ah, e não notem o cabelo maluco, eu tentei enrolar e funcionou de um lado e não do outro. 

Foi ótimo colocar todos esses items juntos e tentar fazer outfits com eles. Eu adorei todos, e achei que eles me deixaram mais magra! Mas eu certamente preciso de um blazer novo, esse que eu tenho é muito grande. 


E para finalizar, uma foto da minha mae nos anos 70 deixando o Tim Gunn orgulhoso também, com jeans, a camisa branca clássica e o trench coat. 


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! These totally are the basics that we should all have. Oddly it's never a concept I have thought about before. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!