February 17, 2012

Color block?



Obs: post bilíngue, a versão em Português vem logo abaixo.

Oh, well, this week's theme is really a challenge! My God, I spent the whole week thinking about what to wear.  We have a serious problem here at Occupy the Wardrobe and her name is Anita. Yes! It's totally unfair that she gets to post her looks on Mondays and then on Friday I'm completely wasted and out of ideas and with the duty of closing the week! 

Of course, I'm just joking, we all love Anita's looks, they're perfect and inspiring. She says my clothes are better than hers, but I disagree. I love her clothes. It's a pity that we're so far away, otherwise we could swap clothes!

But we'll at least swap days, and I'll get to post on a Monday! lol

Anyway, what the hell is color blocking?! I Googled it, but my Google insists that just because I'm Brazilian, I want results in Portuguese, so I had a hard time finding what I was looking for (I typed, in English, "what is color blocking" and f... Google came up with this).

But I also found this super cute mom-to-be who wrote a simple post on the subject.

And I also found this site that I now love, called The Curvy Fashionista. I guess this one's for me! They have this cool post on the subject of color blocking. And this great post on what to wear to work, being curvy!

I also had to Google for some inspiration for my look, and I found these pictures / Também Googlei para encontrar inspiração pro meu look e achei essas fotos:

This girl here is our fellow blogger Tamy.
Essa moça aqui é a nossa amiga blogueira Tamy.

I like her because she's very creative and her looks are usually just great / Gosto dela porque é muito criativa e os looks que ela posta são muito legais no geral

I also found celebrities in color blocking / Também achei celebridades se jogando no color blocking:


I have to say that I really like this green-blue-purple combo / Devo dizer que amo esse combo verde-azul-roxo...

And these gorgeous looks and orange lipstick? I want it all! / E esses looks lindos e o batom laranja? Quero tudo!


But for me, this is what I could come up with / Mas, pra mim, isso foi o que consegui fazer:




Dress: I had it made! It was made just for me by this very talented girl called Alice Schuch | Sandals: Renata Moraes | Purse: Fellipe Krein from last week's look | Nails: on my hands, Candy by Ana Hickmann and on my toes Duende by Colorama.


Vestido: mandei fazer! Foi feito por uma menina super talentosa chamada Alice Schuch | Sandálias: Renata Moraes | Bolsa: Fellipe Krein, do look da semana passada | Unhas: nas mãos, o Candy da Ana Hickmann e nos pés o Duende da Colorama.





Next week the challenge will get harder: our theme will be the Carnival! <o>

Bah, o tema dessa semana é realmente um desafio! Deus meu, passei a semana inteira pensando no que usar! Nós temos um sério problema aqui no Occupy the Wardrobe e ele se chama Anita! Sim! É totalmente injusto que ela poste aqueles looks lindos na segunda-feira e chegue a sexta-feira e eu esteja acabada, totalmente sem idéias e sem ânimo, e tenha que encerrar a semana!

Tô brincando, claro. Todas nós amamos os looks da Anita porque eles são perfeitos e inspiradores! Ela diz que as minhas roupas são melhores do que as dela, mas eu não concordo! Amo as roupas dela! É uma pena que a gente more tão longe, senão podíamos fazer troquinhas.

Mas pelo menos vamos trocar de dias e vai chegar minha vez de postar looks na segunda-feira! hehehe

De qualquer maneira, que porcaria é esse tal de color blocking? Usei o Google, mas ele me sacaneia e acha que só porque sou brasileira eu procuro resultados em português. Deu um trabalhinho pra encontrar o que eu queria (digitei, em inglês, "o que é color blocking?" e a porcaria do Google me veio com isso).


Mas também encontrei essa gravidinha fofa, que escreveu um post bem simples sobre o assunto.


Também encontrei esse site que eu já amo, The Curvy Fashionista (algo como a Amante de moda com curvas), onde tem um post super legal sobre color blocking e outro muito bom sobre roupas pra ir trabalhar para meninas com curvas.


Semana que vem o desafio fica ainda mais difícil: nosso tema será o Carnaval! <o>

1 comment:

  1. AMEI o vestido!
    O look hj tá ótimo, e o blog, cada vez melhor!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!