January 14, 2013

This Dress? Oh, I Made It.




I'm very excited to share this outfit with you all today because it's another one of my creations. This velvety smooth, purple-ish dress is probably the best piece of clothing I've made so far! To be perfectly honest, I got the zipper pretty messed up on the first try, but then after un-stitching everything and putting it back together (after a few cuts and re-presses too) to finally get it perfect! I love it!

The fabric is super warm, so perfect for this weather, and I think that the skirt fits very well. I used a pattern from Butterick, the B5520. It was a great pattern, super easy to figure out the instructions, and very little fabric cutting compared to other things I've made! I styled it with simple gold accent pieces. Oh, and this fantastic bag? A gift from my boyfriend's mom. Yup, I couldn't believe it when I opened the box either.



Dress: Sew Anita (made by me!) | Necklace (seen here and here before) & Ring: Forever 21
Belt: Ruche (seen here, here, herehere, here, here, here, and here before)
Flats: Styke&Co (birthday gift) | Scarf: ModCloth
Purse: Coach (Christmas gift) | Nail Polish: Zoya Haley (my favorite red ever)

I wore this to: Work on January 10, 2013

I think this year, for Occupy, I'll try to make clothes instead of buying. I'll buy a few things, especially things I can't make yet like jeans, jackets, sweaters. But I'll give it a try to make dresses and skirts instead of buying new! What do you guys think? 

3 comments:

  1. I want to join you in this challenge (making instead of buying)...and I know how to make sweaters. I can teach you to knit if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should learn how to knit. At least to make hats. I love hats!

      Delete
  2. LOVE IT. We should do some cross-over posts! Also, I can't believe you didn't buy it—truly and sincerely. Nice job Anita.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!