January 10, 2013

The First Thing I Bought.




So, I guess you've all been curious about what I have been buying this year... after ONE YEAR, one very long year, of shop-fasting, I'm trying to be conscious and not go crazy. Kind of like when you diet, you spend so long without eating, you'll just gorge yourself and end up fatter than before you started your diet! I don't want to spend all the money I saved by not shopping a year, on shopping in a month! So I gave myself a budget, and even though initially my goal was to shop only local and avoid super cheap stores (I am sorry Forever 21!!), I guess my resolve kind of failed when I realize how much things actually cost on those stores... What can I say, I'm just not willing to spend that much on a single piece of clothing, but I'll try my best after this small splurge.

On the bright side, on just a bit of money spent, I was able to get a lot of new things, especially things I have learned through this past year that are my essential pieces: pleated skirts, blazers, and skinny pants. Things I'll avoid buying at all costs: dresses. I just have too many, and yes, I love them, but I don't need any, so I'll survive. And my 4-year-old, only-child and reliable snow jacket needs to be retired soon, so I'm in search of a new winter coat to last me through the next 4 years. I would also love to get a nice denim jacket, but so far had no luck.

But let's talk about the first thing I purchased after my year of no shopping! So, can you guess what is new in this outfit? The pants! Yes, I scored this purple skinny jeans (that's been on my wishlist for, oh, I don't know, eight months!) at Old Navy for just $11 bucks, and it made me very happy. The blazer, almost a twin to my favorite Express blazer, is also from Old Navy, another steal for $16 dollars, and very necessary since I wore my two black blazers to the point that one is already out in the trash (it wasn't even in a state to be donated...), and the other, well, let's just say it has seen better days.


Blazer: Old Navy (NEW!) | Scarf: Ann Taylor Loft (seen here before)
Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft (seen here before) | Necklace: Express (seen here and here before)
Jeans: Old Navy (NEW!) | Boots: Wanted (seen here before)

I wore this to: Work on January 8, 2013


1 comment:

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!