October 18, 2012

Birthday Dress and Getting Rid of Some Stuff




So exactly a week ago I turned 30! You might have noticed that last week with the special theme and all! And you know what was the best part? Getting gifts! Okay, okay, the BEST part was hanging out with my friends and Mike, but the gifts were pretty sweet too, especially because I got some new things for my wardrobe! Mike got me a new pair of flats (ruby red!), Vica sent me two really pretty necklaces, and so did my boss who added 3 really adorable necklaces to my collection (love accessories!), and my good friend Ana who has way too good taste, got me the dress I'm wearing for today's post (so lucky it is Jewel tone!).

Uma semana atrás foi meu aniversário de 30 anos! Vocês devem ter notado os posts especias da semana passada e tudo! Mas sabe qual foi a melhor parte? Ganhar presentes! Haha, brincadeira, a melhor parte foi comemorar com os meus amigos e o Mike, mas os presentes foram ótimos também, especialmente depois de nove meses e meio sem comprar roupas ou acessórios! Então agora tenho alguns novos items para estocar o meu armário, incluindo esse vestido do post de hoje!

Dress: LOFT | Belt & Necklace: Ruche | Heels: Nine West

You know those days when you just don't like yourself in any picture? Today was one of those
days, even though I am completely in love with the outfit!

Gifts! Gifts! Gifts!

But the thing is, once I got all that new stuff, I kind of felt it was time to purge a little, and go through all my wardrobe looking for pieces that don't really fit me well, or that I haven't worn in a long time and set them aside to give it away. So Mike and I did just that, and ended up with quite a pile (or three).

Mas sabe, depois de ganhar tantas coisinhas novas, eu achei que era hora de olhar para o meu armário com atenção e me livrar de peças que não servem bem, ou que eu não tenha usado mais. E no fim o Mike também entrou na brincadeira, e o nosso closet está com um pouco mais de espaço! Acabamos com pilhas de roupas e sapatos para doar. 

I'm not donating the fan. It's in the picture by chance.

And the best part is, I'm not buying anything new till next year! There's nothing like not shopping to really put what you own into perspective. My wardrobe has only been downsizing this year, and I'm okay with it. The only thing I feel I really need are shoes. I'm glad Mike got me some new cute flats because I'm out!

E a melhor parte é que o armário vai ficar vazio por mais um tempinho, já que ainda temos 3 meses e meio sem compras pela frente. Mas isso de não comprar põe realmente as coisas em perspectiva. O meu armário só tem diminuido de tamanho esse ano, e isso não me incomoda. Mas a única coisa que está fazendo falta mesmo são sapatos, então por isso fiquei muito feliz que o Mike me deu um par de sapatilhas novas, porque eu estou precisando!

1 comment:

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!