August 22, 2012

Guest Blogger/Leitora Convidada: Johanna Snow




I live in Salt Lake City, Utah with my husband, artist Charley Snow, and our menagerie of pets. I'm a marketing professional by trade, but I am passionate about art, gardening, cooking, and crafting. I love to cook, bake, knit, and make jewelry.

I've always had a love for all things vintage and antique in both design and fashion. I love Art Nouveau, Art Deco, and Mid-century Modern.

I'm owner of two vintage based businesses. I'm co-owner and curator of Amourette Vintage, a vintage clothing store that specializes in remarkable, high-end, high-quality vintage fashion from the 1920s to the 1980s. Each piece in our collection is hand selected for style and wearability. Amourette vintage can be found atwww.etsy.com/shop/AmouretteVintage

In addition Amourette Vintage, I am owner and jewelry designer at The Artist's Wife. My creations, made from deconstructed vintage jewelry and artifacts, can be found at www.etsy.com/shop/TheArtistsWifeCO

Visit my blog: http://the-artists-wife.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/theartistswife/


What am I wearing?
Top: Fun vintage inspired blouse with ruffles and a peter pan collar from Banana Republic
Sweater: Super girly cardigan from Anthropologie in teal
Skirt: Amazing vintage. Probably from the 1940s. I just love it's mid-century pattern (that kind of looks like pineapples) and the ruffle pockets and hemline.
Shoe: Tahari. I love to wear a brightly colored shoe in summertime!






Why I like vintage style:I have always love vintage things. I love hunting for treasuries at estate sales and antique shops. I grow up antiquing on the weekends with my parents--I guess that's where it started. I also have lots of fond memories of watching old movies with my mother on days I was home sick from school. I love the costumes/clothes the most in those movies. I also really value two ideas when it comes to fashion: uniqueness and being lady like. I have also want my clothes and my sense of style to be unique to me--I want what I wear to say something about who I am. And I want to convey an image of femininity without being trashy.

What's your style?My personal style can be described as feminine, vintage inspired, and flirty. My style icons are Audrey Hepburn and Zooey Deschanel.

What's your shopping process like? For the most part, I shop online. I rarely have time to go to the mall, and prefer not to anyway. When I do go shopping I try to stick to small local boutiques--I like to try and find unique piece (new or vintage). My weakness is Anthropologie. I like to hunt down deals on Anthropologie on Ebay.

What was the last thing you bought? The last thing I bought was the skirt I'm wearing in these photos. I originally bought it for Amourette but decided to keep it for myself.

What do you think of not shopping for a year?When I first heard about the Occupy Wardrobe project, I thought to myself, "Oh my god, I could never do that!". But I wished I could. It seems like a great exercise and I not different than any other gal who has a closet full of things I never wear--why not "shop" in your own closet. Bring out the old and make it new. Maybe I'll try it next year.

[PT]
Eu moro em Salt Lake City, Utah, com o meu marido pintor Charley Snow, e vários cãezinhos. Eu trabalho em Marketing, mas sou apaixonada por arte, jardinagem, e artesanato. Eu amo cozinhar, tricotar, e fazer jóias. 

Eu sempre adorei coisas retros e antigas, tanto em design quanto moda. Eu adoro Art Nouveau, Art Deco, e mid-century. 

Eu administro dois negócios baseados em moda retro. Eu e uma amiga somos donas da Amourette Vintage, uma loja online de roupas vintage especializada em roupas vintages dos anos 20 até os anos 80. Cada peça da nossa coleção é selecionada individualmente pelo estilo e versatilidade. 

Além da Amourette Vintage, eu sou dona e designer da The Artist's Wife, uma loja online de bijoux. Minhas criaçoes são feitas a partir de peças vintages descontruídas. 

Visite o meu blog: http://the-artists-wife.blogspot.com/
Me siga no Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/theartistswife/

O que eu estou usando:
Blusa: Uma blusa inspirada em peças vintages, com babados e colarinho estilo peter pan, da Banana Republic. 
Casaquinho: Super feminino, da Anthropologie. 
Saia: Um ótimo achado vintage, provavelmente dos anos 40. Eu adoro peças dessa era, especialmente a estampa que parece com abacaxis, e os bolsos com babados. 
Sapato: Tahari. Eu adoro um sapato bem colorido no verão!

Porque eu gosto de roupas vintage:
Eu sempre gostei de coisas vintage. Eu adoro "caçar tesouros" em lojas de antiguidades. Eu cresci indo em lojas de antiguidades nos finais de semana com meus pais — deve ser quando essa minha paixão começou. Eu tenho muitas boas memórias de quando eu assistia filmes antigos com a minha mãe, em dias que eu estava doente em casa. Eu adoro as roupas de época nesses filmes. Dois temas que eu gosto muito em termos de moda: ser única e feminina. Eu sempre quis que minhas roupas e meu estilo fossem únicos como eu, eu quero usar roupas que digam also sobre mim. 

Meu estilo:
Meu estilo é feminino e retro. Meus ícones da moda são Audrey Hepburn e Zooey Deschanel.

Meu processo de compras:
Na maior parte do tempo, eu faço compro pela internet. Eu não tenho tempo de ir ao shopping, e eu prefiro evitar se possível. Quando eu não compro pela internet, eu prefiro comprar em pequenas boutiques — eu gosto de achar peças únicas (novas ou vintage). Meu ponto fraco é a Anthropologie, mas eu prefiro procurar peças com desconto deles no Ebay!

Última coisa que eu comprei: 
A última coisa que eu comprei foi essa saia que estou usando nas fotos. Originalmente eu tinha comprado essa saia para a minha loja, mas decidi ficar com ela!

O que eu acho sobre não fazer compras por um ano:
A primeira vez que eu ouvi falar sobre o Occupy the Wardrobe, eu pensei: "Meu deus, eu nunca conseguiria fazer isso!" Mas bem que eu gostaria. É um ótimo exercício, e eu como qualquer outra garota, tenho um closet cheio de coisas que eu nunca uso, então porque não "fazer compras" dentro do seu próprio closet. Quem sabe eu tento ano que vem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!