August 2, 2012

Cool and Sustainable Idea: The Versalette / Uma idéia super versátil: A Versalette



I came across this project a while ago on Kickstarter, but for some reason or other decided not to back it (ah, the regret!). And today, this idea crept back into my consciousness, and I immediately had to come here to write a post and share this with you all.

This is a super versatile item of clothing, I mean, I have a convertible dress that is super versatile, but this just goes beyond it. One piece, the Versalette, that can be worn in TWENTY different ways, as different dresses, skirts, shirts, cardigans, bolero, scarf, and even a purse. Now, if it could only double as a shoe too... Pretty incredible.

But I'll be honest and say, it's not its versatility that really got to me, but the fact that the Versalette is made with fabric 100% recycled — 50% plastic bottles and 50% cotton scraps. I mean, how cool is that? I might have to get it in 2013 (Spoiler alert: as I think of my personal goals for Occupy the Wardrobe in 2013, sustainable clothing is high on my list).

Here are a few of my favorite looks of the Versalette from their lookbook:





What do you guys think? Would you buy one? For more info and shopping links, go check their website.

[PT]

Vi este projeto há um tempo atrás no Kickstarter, mas por alguma razão ou outra decidi não participar dele (ah, o arrependimento!). E hoje, essa idéia deu as caras de novo na minha cabeça, e eu na hora quis vir aqui e compartilhar isso com vocês.

A idéia é simples e muito legal: a Versalette. Este é um item super versátil de roupa, que pode ser usado de vinte maneiras diferentes, como vestidos, saias, camisas, cachecols, bolero e até mesmo uma bolsa.  Incrível.

Mas vou ser honesta e dizer, não foi a versatilidade da Versalette que me conquistou, mas sim o fato dela ser feita com tecido 100% reciclado - 50% garrafas de plástico de 50% de retalhos de algodão. Quer dizer, como não achar isso o máximo? Acho que em 2013 eu compro um (Spoiler: tenho pensado nos meus objetivos para o Occupy the Wardrobe em 2013, e roupa sustentável é algo que quero explorar).

Escolhi alguns dos meus looks favoritos do Versalette de seu lookbook. O que vocês acham? Querem comprar um? Para mais informações e links de compras, olhem o site deles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!