August 8, 2012

Adventures in Trading / Aventuras Trocando Roupa



Early this year, when I reorganized my closet, I tried on everything I had and I made a big pile of clothes that didn't really look good on me or didn't fit or I didn't wear it any longer, and then put them away for a while. I intended to take them to Uptown Cheapstake, a store that buys and sells used clothing, but only got around doing it this weekend (yes, trading clothes is OKAY according to our rules).

I brought along a few bags with clothes, but they only got accepted the following 5 items:

Madden Girl Heels | Forever 21 Bow Belt | Skinny Jeans | H&M Dress | Forever 21 Mini 

Those shoes are gorgeous, but I haven't worn them in a while. The belt really doesn't fit me, neither does those jeans that I actually bought really cheap. The dress, I bought at H&M a year ago, and I really liked it at the time, but it doesn't make me look too good. And finally this cute Forever 21 mini skirt, that, well, it's just too short for an almost-30 year old.

I had the option of taking 15 dollars back home with me for those clothes, or to trade them for something in the store, in the maximum amount of 20 dollars. Any other year, I'd probably go home somewhat satisfied with 15 bucks, but this year I am on a mission, and I intended to trade those clothes in, because it is a totally Occupy the Wardrobe thing to do, right?

So what does 5 used clothes got me? Check it out:



Yeah, not much. I scoured that store, and it really isn't my style. I went with a list of things I'd like to get, including at least a pair of comfy shoes (check!) because the comfy shoes I have are getting a little too old. So I was happy to find those super comfy pointy heels.

My other goal was to find a nice pair of colored/patterned jeans. I tried a few and... none worked. But luckily, I found this hi-lo skirt and I was so happy about it! I didn't think I'd find anything so cool and something I wanted so bad (I've tried to make myself hi-lo skirt about 3 times already, unsuccessfully).

So there you go! That was my first try at using one of those store to trade some clothes, and I'm happy with the results. I am bummed that they didn't buy all of my other in-very-good-conditions items, so if anyone is interesteed in some trading, hit me up!

Inside Uptown Cheapstake

[PT]
No começo do ano, eu fiz uma reorganização enorme no meu closet, e separei uma pilha de roupas que não me serviam mais, que não ficavam boas em mim, ou que eu quase nunca usava. Mas eu coloquei tudo num closet, e esqueci delas por uns meses, até esse final de semana quando finalmente as levei para uma loja que compra e vende roupas usadas (sim, de acordo com as nossas regras trocas valem!).

Eu levei duas sacolas cheias, mas no final eles só aceitaram esses items: Um par de sapatos da Madden Girl que eu não usava faz tempo. O cinto nunca me serviu direito, assim como essa calça jeans, além disso ambos foram bem baratos. O vestido eu comprei na H&M um ano atrás, mas no fim ele não ficava muito bem em mim. E essa mini-saia eu quase não levei, mas, ela é muito curta para alguém como eu que não tem mais 15 anos de idade...

Eu tinha duas opções, ou eu levava 15 dólares pra casa comigo, ou aproveitava e olhava o estoque deles e trocava por algumas coisas de lá, e como eu queria a experiência de trocar roupas para contar por aqui, aproveitei e olhei a loja com mais atenção.

Então, o que as minhas 5 peças me renderam?

Não muito... Eu olhei quase tudo que eles tinham, e nada é muito a minha cara. Eu tinha uma lista de coisas que eu gostaria, como jeans colorido e sapatos comfortáveis (os meus estão bem caidinhos). Fiquei feliz quando achei esse par de sapatos com salto baixinho, eles são uma delicia.

Mas o que eu fiquei mais feliz foi por ter achado essa saia mullet, eu estava querendo uma assim faz tempo, até tentei fazer uma (três) eu mesmo, mas sem sucesso.

Então é isso! Essa foi a primeira vez que eu troquei roupas numa loja, e eu estou satisfeita com o resultado. Só uma pena que ainda tenho uma sacola cheinha de roupas quase novas, e nenhuma delas vendo muito uso.. Alguém interessada em trocar roupas comigo?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!