June 28, 2012

Gray'n'Roll


Nota: Tradução para o Português ao final do post, em itálico.

My look of the day today is in honor of Vica, who once suggested we had a Gray and Yellow theme for Occupy, to which I vehemently disagreed with since I didn't have anything yellow (and as it turns out, she hates yellow). But I was wrong, and I do have one item in yellow in my closet: this concert t-shirt I picked up at a Jack's Mannequin concert last summer when the band stopped by Salt Lake.

This is what I wore to work (and a movie after) yesterday. I am a big fan of mixing the classic cut of this work gray skirt and black blazer with more "rock'n'roll" pieces: a concert t-shirt, spiked heels, and a ton of bracelets. This is a very work-appropriate look for my kind of job: I work in the Maketing department of a small (but very prestigious) liberal arts college, and most of my day is spent in design or social media, so this is what I call my professional-but-creative look. That pretty much sums up my job too.

Thanks to my co-worker Shalese who snapped this pictures yesterday on our break.

Blazer: Express (seen here and here before) | T-Shirt: Jack's Mannequin | Skirt: Express | Heels: Anne Michelle (seen here before) | Camera Necklace: Forever 21 | Chain and Beads Necklace: Gift | Ring: Great Salt Air Gift Shop | Bracelets: Ebay and Forever 21



Overexposed? Nah, over here we call it "art."

[PT]
Meu look de hoje é em homenagem a Vica, que um dia desses sugeriu uma semana com tema Cinza e Amarelo, sugestão que eu entusiasticamente fui contra, que eu não tinha nada amarelo (e aparentemente a Vica odeio amarelo). Mas eu estava errada, e eu tenho sim algo amarelo no armário: essa camiseta que comprei no último verão quando o Jack's Mannequin passou por aqui. 

Usei essa roupa ontem no trabalho (e para assistir um filme). Sou fã de misturar peças clássicas com outras mais "rock'n'roll," como esse sapato, a camiseta, e milhares de acessórios. Considero essa combinação bem apropriada para o local de trabalho, pelo menos para o meu tipo de trabalho: eu trabalho com marketing, design e mídias sociais em uma pequena universidade. Eu chamo essa combinação de profissional-mas-criativa, que aliás, também descreve o meu trabalho. 


1 comment:

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!