May 17, 2012

Halfway there with my midi skirt / Na metade do caminho com a minha saia midi




So when we started this, it was all about taking chances, right? Girl can't shop for a year, she has got to get creative and take risks. And ultimately, wear the things she has in her wardrobe that scares her. By her, I mean me, of course. And you, if you are up to the challenge of getting on friendly terms with your wardrobe.

This week, the challenge was to style a skirt. Sounds easy enough, right? I mean, I have a LOT of skirts. But I don't like easy. I tend to make things more complicated on purpose, I like that. Always the overachiever in class. So this week, I started by wearing my favorite skirts: the red maxi from Anthropologie, the dark blue maxi from Forever 21, my pencil skirts... But after putting together every look, it just didn't feel like the RIGHT look for this week. None of those were challenging, I wear those outfits on my sleep.

But this skirt, this midi pleated gray skirt from Forever 21, it's always a challenge. Mostly because of my height and not having skinny legs, I tend to not like skirts that fall a few inches below my knee. Short or long, not a big fan of the in between. So how do I make a look that's special, that is worthy of this blog? Well that's how:

 Skirt: Forever 21 | Shirt: GAP (seen here before) | Necklace: Ebay | Heels: Nine West (seen here before)

Photo credits: The amazing photographer was Dana Simmons, I did the post processing, and the fantastic location was the Westminster College campus (on one of those rare days when we actually took a lunch break). I thought it would be fun to see that I do actually wear my crazy outfits at work!

Moral of the story: If you are like me and think your legs are too fat for midi-skirts, wear them with heels. It really helps shaping up your legs and giving you the length that the skirt takes away from you. Then pair it up with a few fun pieces up top, and you're gold. I wore this skirt out today, and felt really good about it. 

What about you, what are you afraid to wear?

[PT]

Então, quando começamos este projeto, um dos objetivos era inventar um pouco, certo? A pessoa não pode fazer compras por um ano, ela tem que correr riscos e ser criativa, e usar as coisas que a gente tem no guarda roupa que não costuma ter muita coragem de usar.

Esta semana, o desafio era fazer um look usando saia. Parece fácil, né? Quer dizer, eu tenho um monte de saias. Mas não foi tão fácil inventar algo pra usar. Eu costumo fazer as coisas mais complicadas de propósito, eu gosto disso. Então, esta semana, comecei a vestir as minhas saias favoritas: a maxi vermelha da Anthropologie, a maxi azul escura da Forever 21, as muitas saias lápis... Mas depois de montar alguns looks diferentes, não estava muito feliz com nenhum dos meus looks. Nenhum deles era diferente o suficiente.

Mas essa saia plissada midi cinza da Forever 21, é sempre um desafio. Principalmente por causa da minha altura e por não ter pernas finas, não costumo usar saias que caem alguns centímetros abaixo do meu joelho. Curto ou longo, tá ótimo, mas não sou fã do meio termo. Então foi essa mesma que eu escolhi para criar um look mais especial para o blog.

Moral da história: Se você é como eu e acha que suas pernas estão muito gordas para saias midi, use as com salto. Realmente ajuda a alongar as pernas. E depois é só combinar com algumas peças divertidas poucos em cima, e você tá pronta. Eu usei essa saia hoje, e adorei.

E você, tem alguma coisa no armário que você não tem coragem de usar?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!