April 15, 2012

Book Club: Anita's picks / Clube do Livro: os escolhidos da Anita


Nota: este post é bilíngue, a tradução para o português está em itálico.



A year without shopping for clothes and accessories sounds much easier than a year without shopping for books, or, EVEN WORSE, a year without reading. Yup, I'm one of those, a girl that always has a book inside her purse, that takes advantage of every spare minute to dive in, be it at the post office line, or the bus stop, or my lunch hour. Reading is essential to my being.

So at the end of 2011, when we all decided to start this endeavor, who did I run through for advice and counsel before I start this challenge? You got it, books. I ran to Amazon and ordered a few books to get me inspired. I mean, being organized, and fashion blogging were not my strong suit. Today I'm sharing 4 of those books I got for inspiration!

Um ano sem comprar roupas e acessórios é muito mais fácil do que, digamos, um ano sem comprar livros. Ou PIOR, um ano sem ler livros! Sim, eu sou uma dessas gurias, que está sempre com um livro dentro da bolsa, e que aproveita cada minuto livro do dia para ler, seja na fila do correio, no ponto de ônibus, ou na hora do almoço. Ler é essencial para mim. 

Então é claro que ao final de 2011 quando decidimos embarcar nesse ano sem compras, que eu corri para os meus amigos de confiança, os livros, para começar esse desafio com o pé direito. Aqui nesse post está uma seleção dos meus preferidos:


I pre-ordered The Wonderful World of Fifi Lapin back in November when it was first announced for sale. It took a while for it to ship, but it finally arrived a week ago at my house, and how I was happy to see it! It's probably the most adorable book ever written about fashion. It's hard not to recognize this fashionable bunny that always sports the latest runaway trends, and in this book, also gives fantastic fashion advice (and cupcake recipes)! I have yet to read it, but skimming through is already such an awesome experience. I'm really happy about getting this.

Eu pré-encomendei o The Wonderful World of Fifi Lapin em Novembro, quando ele finalmente apareceu na Amazon para comprar. Só chegou agora, em Abril, quando o livro foi finalmente lançado. Eu estou super empolgada para começar a ler, mas só de olhar por cima já acho que é o livro mais fofo já escrito sobre moda. O livro é cheio de dicas de moda, tendências, e até receitas de cupcake! Mas claro, com essa coelhinha fofa, o que mais podemos esperar?

What I Wore: Four Seasons, One Closet, Endless Recipes for Personal Style

Jessica Quirk is one of my favorite bloggers because she is down to earth and creates absolutely lovely outfits that you look and you think "Maybe I should try that too." Her book, What I Wore, was the one I was looking forward the most to read. I read the entire thing in one sitting, with a notebook by me to take notes and prepare for the year ahead. I love how she illustrated the book as well. It's an easy read and it helps you get more organized about your wardrobe and also how you shop. I can't recommend it enough.

Jessica Quirk é uma das minhas bloggers preferidas, principalmente porque o estilo dela é bem acessível, e ela cria looks que você tem coragem de tentar fazer igual. O livro dela, What I Wore, foi o que eu mais estava a fim de ler, e quando ele chegou aqui em casa li em uma sentada, e tirei muitas idéias dele para me preparar ao ano que teria pela frente com o Occupy. Adoro que ela não só escreveu o livro como o ilustrou também. O livro é cheio de dicas de como utilizar as roupas que você tem ao máximo, e ser mais organizada durante o ano. 

Organize Now!: A Week-by-Week Guide to Simplify Your Space and Your Life

Okay, I admit being slightly embarrassed that I bought a book about being organized. I feel like I am alright, but I wanted some help with structure, and this book provides it. It is an easy week-by-week plan, that you can fit in your schedule. Just sit for a hour a week with Organize Now (you don't even need a notebook because it has space to write on) and read it and start organizing! The projects are small and easy to complete every week. My post on organizing your closet was also inspired by this book.

É verdade que eu fico um pouco com vergonha de mostrar esse livro. Eu acho que sou decentemente organizada, mas para o Occupy eu queria um pouco mais de estrutura para dar conta de tudo, então fui atrás de bons livros e esse caiu com uma luva. Ele é divido em projetos fáceis que você pode fazer toda semana. É só sentar com a sua cópia do Organize Now é um lápis e começar a se organizar! O meu post sobre como organizar o armário foi também inspirado nesse livro. 

Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: For Everyone from Beginner to Pro

I'm not really great at make up, so I was happy that Bobbi Brown's Makeup Manual helped me get my basics in order. I not only learned make up techniques (so important when you're photographing yourself every week!) but what I needed to have in order to get decent results. I'm still not a pro, but I'm happy where I stand. Okay, I still need some practice with eye make up!

Sou um zero a esquerda quando se trata de maquiagem, mas esse livro me ajudou muito, principalmente no quesito "básicos," ou o que eu precisava ter na bancada de maquiagem para conseguir bons resultados., principalmente quando estou fotografando a minha cara toda semana! Mas eu agora estou feliz com o que sei, se bem que, podia aprender mais um pouco como passar sombra!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!