March 27, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Animal Print / Look do dia: Estampa de Oncinha


Nota: este post é bilíngue, a tradução para o português está no final do post, em itálico.


Of all the 300 plus items inside my wardrobe, only two were animal print. One, a cute little pink leopard scarf from ModCloth, something I was happy to find last year, after more than two winters searching for the perfect leopard scarf. But I didn't wear it for my look of the day. I tried, trust me. But the weather is too warm to wear it around my neck, and the length of the scarf is too short to try to make it into a shirt or skirt.

So that lead me to the other item I had in my wardrobe, a leopard print dress that I bought for a Halloween party years and years ago... But when it actually came the time to wear it to the party, I thought the dress was way too revealing in the top for me to be able to pull it off. Cleavages everywhere. Not my style. So mostly, it sits in my closet, waiting for a summer day when I'm at the beach, the only appropriate place I can think of to wear that dress.

Well, that or Vegas.

But for today's post, I got the dress out of my wardrobe, intent on not only accomplishing the challenge, but also to show I could wear that cleavage monster to work. Yup, my most revealing dress ever, and I'll wear it to work.

As a skirt!

I folded the top inside, found a big belt and kept everything in place with it. I added a simple black tee, booties, and a geometric necklace to make it all work, and to tone down all that leopard craziness going on on my bottom half. To finish it all off, my go-to Express blazer that makes any outfit work appropriate, and a very basic make up, so no one gets any ideas about me working anywhere else but an office.

Dress (used as a skirt): Forever 21 | Belt: Urban Outfitters | T-Shirt: Express | Necklaces: Ebay and Gift |
Booties: Forever 21 | Blazer: Express (seen here before)





[PT]
De todas as 300 peças dentro do meu armário, só duas tinham estampa de bicho. Uma era um cachecol de oncinha cor de rosa, algo que eu passei os últimos dois invernos procurando e finalmente achei para vender na ModCloth. Mas eu não usei o meu cachecol para o meu look do dia porque as temperaturas aqui em Salt Lake já estão altas o suficiente para eu não aguentar colocar algo no pescoço, e o cachecol também era muito curto para tentar transforma-lo em algo diferente, como uma blusa ou saia. 


Então só me sobrou a outra opção dentro do meu armário, um vestido de oncinha que eu comprei para uma festa de Halloween anos atrás. Mas que na hora da festa resolvi não usar porque o vestido era decotado demais, e isso não é nada meu estilo. Então no geral o vestido fica quietinho dentro do armário, esperando um dia eu ir a praia, o único lugar apropriado para tanto decote. 

Mas para o post de hoje, eu tirei o vestido do armário não só para realizar o desafio, mas também para mostrar que dá para usar o vestido mais decotado do mundo, para ir trabalhar. É só transformar o vestido, numa saia!

Eu dobrei a parte de cima para dentro, achei um cinto bem grandão e de elástico para segurar tudo no lugar. Adicionei uma camiseta preta, bota e um colarzinho geométrico para deixar o vestido menos "piriguete." Para finalizar, maquiagem discreta e um blazer, que aliás, faz qualquer look virar apropriado para ir trabalhar. 

1 comment:

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!