January 23, 2012

Anita: Striped outfit for Sundance / Um look listrado para o Sundance

Nota: este post é bilíngue, a tradução para o português está logo abaixo.

WIWfeature_gray

The theme this week is black, and I am giddy with excitement about it. Why? Because black is my go-to color, pretty much every day, especially on winter time. I'm an old subscriber of the mantra: "in doubt, wear black." But I added a few others to this: in doubt, when lazy, just in case, if you're not sure... wear black. (PS: Just caught this article on Style Nik about black making you look leaner and meaner —worth the read).

Lately, I've been getting a kick out of all black outfits  (like this, this, this and especially this one, but check out my Pinterest board for more). And that was my plan for this week's outfit, until... until I was overwhelmed by stripes!


Stripes are EVERYWHERE. Out of the 10 store newsletters I subscribe for, 8 had stripes in their emails this week. A quick walk in the mall (and I mean quick, 15 minutes in and out) let me face to face with one of the most inspiring window displays I've ever seen for Loft. My thought after this stripe-filled week? Thank goodness I got two striped shirts before the challenge started, because heck, apparently I'll need it. 

But hey, enough of other people's photos. You are here because you want to see how I styled this week's theme, black, and in this case, my stripped black look inspired by my stripes board that I posted up here. I wore the following outfit yesterday, up in Park City for the Sundance Film Festival. (Photos by LaurenJean Rice)

Boots: Wanted (seen here before) | Jeans: Zara | Striped Tee: Gap | Cardigan: Nordstrom Rack | 
Leather Jacket: Arden B | Beanie: Forever 21 | Necklace: Express



Stripes get a bad rep, i.e. "Horizontal stripes make you fat." I think that's bull. Knowing what kind of stripes look good on you, and how to wear them, and you can pass the stripe test. For example, thin stripes on long sleeve shirts and darker colors actually make me look thinner. That's why I was so giddy when I found this little number at Forever 21:

Shoes: MIA | Jeans, striped tee and necklace: Forever 21 | Leather Jacket: Arden B

Bonus: I fell in love with those boots at Olive & Tweed, but instead of buying them, I took a picture. It lasts longer. :)

[Português]
O tema da semana é preto, o que me deixa extremamente empolgada! Preto é a minha cor preferida, e eu a uso praticamente todo dia, especialmente no inverno, mas o meu verão vê bastante preto também. Meu lema sempre foi: "Na dúvida, vá de preto". Na real, o meu lema é um pouco mais comprido que isso... "Na dúvida, quando com preguiça, se você não tem certeza... vá de preto."

E nos últimos dias, eu também tenho curtido bastante looks pretos da cabeça aos pés. Tenho vários exemplos no meu Pinterest, passa lá pra dar uma olhada! O meu plano para essa semana era fazer isso, um look completamente preto. Mas aí... uma invasão de listras!

Tenho visto listras por TODO LADO! Dos 10 emails de lojas que recebi essa semana, 8 tinham roupas listradas neles! Uma passadinha rápida no shopping e eu passei por uma vitrine linda da Loft, cheinha de camisas listradas. Depois de tanta overdose de listras, dei graças a deus que comprei duas camisetinhas listradas (tava atrás faz tempo) antes do desafio começar! Tá na cara que estão com tudo esse ano. 

Mas vamos ao meu look do dia! Esse look eu usei para passear no festival de cinema Sundance, que acontece todos os anos em Park City!



E mais um look aqui, esse mais velhinho, do ano passado. Listras tem péssima fama, dizem que faz você parecer mais gorda. Mas eu acho que depende, tipo essa blusa de listras fininhas que eu achei na Forever 21, eu acho que até emagrece. Acho que é porque as listras são fininhas, a cor da camisa é escura, e tem manga comprida. Recomendo esse modelo para quem tá um pouquinho acima do peso (não estamos todas?).

Sapato: MIA | Jeans, camiseta e colar: Forever 21 | Jaqueta de couro: Arden B




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!