January 16, 2012

Anita: Outfit of the day / Look do dia


Nota: este post é bilíngue, a tradução para o português está logo abaixo.
WIWfeature_gray

I've read once that in the color spectrum, green is the color that humans can distinguish more of its different shades than any other. It was believed that the reason for this was for survival purposes, to survive in the wild. True or not, it's a pretty interesting thing to think about. And yes, you've guessed correctly: our theme this week is Green (I feel like since I'm the Monday-look girl, I have the responsibility to introduce our theme every week). The girls of Occupy and I will each come up with looks that incorporate one of the millions of shades of the color green in our outfits.


Looking through my wardrobe, I noticed how little I have of the color green in it. Olive green is one of my favorite colors, but I only have three items in those colors (a jacket, a basic tee and tights). Besides those three items, the only other things I have in green are a dress and some necklaces. Considering I really like the color, how can you explain I have so little of it? It was hard to come up with an outfit this week, so I decided to incorporate the green creatively with neutral colors, so I opted to wear green accessories.

(All outfit photos taken by Dana B. Simmons)
Blazer & Skirt: Express | T-shirt: Forever 21 | Tights: Target | Boots: Wanted 

Necklaces: Gifts | Rings: Forever 21, Salt Air gift shop and from a store in Brazil 10 years ago | Bracelets: Forever 21


And green is a pretty popular color right now, at least if you take into consideration all the green that was seen at last week's people choice awards:

Chloe Moretz, Nina Dobrev and Emma Store. Photos found on tumblr

(I wish I was red-haired).

I'd love to know what you think of my look this week, and any suggestions for me to make it better. After all, we're just getting started in this world of blogging our daily outfits! :)


Tempos atrás, eu li que entre todas as cores do spectrum, a que o olho humano consegue distinguir mais tons é a cor verde. A razão para isso (que eu ou lembro, ou inventei) foi para a sobrevivência. Verdade ou não, é um fato interessante para se pensar a respeito. E claro, verde é o tema dessa semana! Já que eu sou a guria responsável pelo look de segunda, eu sinto que é necessário fazer uma apresentaçãozinha ao tema semanal. Essa semana a gente vai criar maneiras diferentes de usar verde!


Eu primeiro! Procurando no meu armário, eu notei que não tenho muitos items verdes no armário. Verde-oliva é uma das minhas cores preferidas, principalmente no inverno, mas eu só tenho uma jaqueta, uma camisetinha básica e uma meia calça. Além desses, tenho alguns colares em verde e é isso!   E eu gosto muito de verde, porque tão pouco no armário? Não foi tão fácil pensar num look essa semana usando verde, então eu resolvi complementar um look de tons neutros com meus acessórios verdes. (As fotos dessa semana são da Dana B. Simmons. Chega de tripé!). 


E verde é uma cor que parece que está bem popular! Ali em cima eu coloquei fotos de 3 atrizes americanas no último People's Choice Awards, todas usando verde. 

Se vocês tem qualquer sugestão para fazer o look da semana melhor, só deixar um comentário para gente!




3 comments:

  1. Amei as botas e as unhas vermelhas e a meia verde e tudo! hehehe Adorei!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorei o look, mas essa bota é um escândalo. Ficou tudo lindo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love green and its suits you very well!


    http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Occupy the Wardrobe, please say what you think! Benvindo ao Occupy the Wardrobe, por favor diga-nos o que você achou!